Black/White Bird deck, tell me what you think.....

R

Rooser

The original was a T2 legal deck right after Judgment came out. I tweaked it since then, since keeping with the original concept kinda warranted going Extended anyway.

Land:
Flooded Strand x3
Polluted Delta x3
Island
Plains x7
Swamp x6

Creatures:
Suntail Hawk x4
Welkin Hawk x4
Soul Catcher x4
Mystic Familiar x4
Keeper of the Nine Gales x4

Spells:
Cabal Therapy x4
Innocent Blood x4
Soulcatcher's Aerie x4
Vindicate x4
Diabolic Intent x4

Therapy, Intent, and Blood are nice ways to kill off your own birds for the Aerie. The fetchlands can go grab the island so you can cast Keeper and start some tomfoolery. I'd like to fidget around and find room for Duress, preferably by going down to three copies of several spells.

T

train

Is this the "Blackbird" deck... or one of your own...

I've never seen the deck list of "Blackbird", so I'm not sure...

Either way it's a nice mana curve friendly deck...

R

Rooser

Well I came up with it on my own. The original didn't have keeper or fetchlands, obviously. But it might be like this "blackbird" deck that's out there. I've never heard of it until now.

T

train

I guess you're right about the lands...

Blackbird got out early flyers, and then used unholy strengths, and other p/t boosters and control like yours...

Killed by birds on turn 4 or five probably wasa not fun...

K

Killerbob

How are your experiences with Soulcatcher? Is it good? I play a fast u/w bird deck myself, but havent tested Soulcatcher. I dont really like a 1/1 creature for 2 mana in a speed deck. Does it work for you?
If I played some slow controlish MP birddeck I would of course use it. Fine synergy with soulcatchers aerie, and seaside haven.

C

CrazyMongrel

the soulcatcher isn't bad by any means...however it depends on your deck...if you're playing u/w you should try Teferi's moat...it's a little pricy but it's great in birds deck

K

Killerbob

For a u/w speed birddeck I would prefer propaganda, or even wrath of god. A fast propaganda will asure, that you will come first. Wrath is always nice, and fits well with soulcatchers aerie, and welkin hawk.