Sneak Attack with a side order of Graveyard Manipulation

M

Mikeymike

Hey guys,

I just built this deck and I haven't had a chance to play it. However, seems like a ton of fun for our multiplayer group games which it was created for. Its a sneak deck that capitalizes on the underrated card Victimize.

Permanents and Spells
4 Sneak Attacks
4 Necromancy (I feel guilty running 3 Recurring Nightmares in here)
2 Victimize (only own 2, go figure)
1 Monkey Cage (sneaky tech)
2 Duress
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Rhystic Tutor (own zero Vampirics)
1 Zuran Orb
1 Pyroclasm

Creatures
2 Avatar of Woe
2 Shivan Hellkites
2 Crater Hellion (probably the game winner)
2 Phyrexian Collusus (great in general, horrible w/ Victimize)
2 Av. Riders
2 Nekrataal
1 Volrath the Fallen (very sneaky, wish he had evasion)
1 Furious Avatar
1 Shivan Dragon

Mana Stuff
1 Burnt Offering (I wish I had four, this card is AMAZING in here)
3 Dark Rituals
1 Mox Diamond (might become a swamp)
1 Sol Ring
1 Grim Monolith
8 Mountains
6 Swamps
2 Sulphorous Springs
1 Gemstone Mine
1 Reflecting Pool
1 Strip Mine
2 Volrath's Stronghold (MVP land)

Cards in debate (We don't play w/ sideboards b/c we're constantly swapping decks)
4 Pillage (I'll know by Weds. how much I need them)
1 Karn (combo w/ Crater Hellion, targeted Shatterstorm)
2-4 Highway robbers
2 Jokulhaups (if Sneak's out, easy to recover and hammer away)
2 Undertakers (saves my collusi from graveyard uselessness)
2 Defense Grids

Just so you know, I own zero Shivan Phoenix. Don't forget, this thing isn't going to any tourney's, so time is on my side, even though the deck doesn't need much time to start hitting hard.

Biggest weaknesses so far, if I don't get 4 lands, I'm screwed. I also need a good way to discard creatures. Also the theme of the deck is focused, but the card pool isn't (working w/ what I got)

LMK what you think, all suggestions welcome

P.S. Anyone have any spare Burnt Offerings? Ice Age common or uncommon, B, sac a creature, add an amount of black or red mana to your pool equal to that creatures CCC.

G

Gumby Khan

What I've seen is a Sneak Attack with Wizard Mentor. Drop Hellion, sweep the board clean, attack, then drop Wizard Mentor, tap and return Hellion and Mentor to your hand. Recurring Nightmare for sure! If you have enough red, you can do this two-three times and deal 8-12 to all creatures, which really wreaks havoc to regen creatures! Just my 2 cents... :)

M

Mikeymike

I used to have the Wizard Mentor in a R/U/G Sneak deck but I took it apart b/c I had it built for awhile and wanted to try a different version. The card is disgustingly efficient with Sneak, no doubt about it. The biggest problem I had is having the 4 red mana to pull it off (of course I probably had too much blue). Another GREAT card with Sneak is Daring Apprentice from Mirage, Tap sac, counter target spell.

I can pull some similar tricks w/ this deck, Like using necromancy as an instant and blocking with the Hellion, victimize gets it back to me along with gravedigger (which I forgot to put in the decklist, replace 1 Dark Ritual) and Volrath's Stronghold. If there is a big bad nasty, I'll usually be able to kill him with the Avatar of Woe or Nekrataal.

I

Istanbul

Karn with Lifeline? Sneak out your favorite creatures, then they come back to life at end of turn, for good.