Dont let the cute bulb mis lead you...This isnt a new idea

F

FoundationOfRancor

Okay, this is Red/Blue LD. I think more burn should be added (The red Rystic Burn?) This deck is MBC6 by the way. What do you guys think?

Red (11)
- 4 Stone Rain
- 3 Tectonic Break
- 4 Flailing Solider

Blue (24)
- 4 Parralax Tide
- 4 Physic Venom
- 2 Waterfront Bouncer
- 3 Rishidan (For 2, 2/2 Guy)
- 3 Rishidan (For 1, 1/1 Guy)
- 4 Spiketail Hatchling
- 4 CounterSpell

Artifact (4)
- 4 Ank Of Mishra

lAND
- 2 Dust Bowl
- 3 Wintermoon Mesa
- 4 Sparazzan Skerry
- 8 Mountain
- 7 Island

I dont like it, and it could use some suggestions...

A

Apollo

Welll, one problem is that if you kill their land, there won't be any to phase out. Go with land destruction or the Ankh/Tide thing, but not in the same deck. Psychic Venoms aren't very good at all. And you have no burn or Treacheries or anything to help you if they get creatures into play early.

Apollo

S

Seeker of Truth

In any case, FoundationOfRancor, seeing as you have so many blue cards in this deck, I would suggest that the new blue LD deck would be close to what you have already. You could keep the Ankhs, but the foundation ( ;) ) of the deck would involve using things like Waterfront Bouncers along with the Rishadan xxxx cards, and any cheap spells that can bounce lands back to your opponent's hand. The deck I saw in this archetype was the same one I posted for (I think) Daenen's "steal everything" deck, as it also featured Gilded Drakes and Temporal Adepts for creature control. If you like, I'll post it again for you, and you can decide if you want to commit to blue because, IMHO, the red cards you have don't really seem to give you any additional benefit that you can't get with similar blue cards, and the addition of another color also brings up mana issues that mono-colored decks don't have.

G

Gamalon

I would drop all the red from the deck. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Replace the red with Black. You get the accelleration of Dark Rit. and the LD of Rain of Tears, and Despoil (and Befoul if T2)... and there is a U/B pain land. Also I would use Overburden, and maybe some Boomerang (or Hoodwink), some standard Black creature hate like Massacre, Perish, or even Pestilence. But most imprortantly, since this is a LD deck you can use Rhystic Tutor with little drawback. Here's what I came up with:

BLACK (16)
- 4 Dark Ritual
- 4 Rain of Tears
- 3 Despoil
- 2 Rhystic Tutor
- 2 Vampric Tutor
- 1 Thrashing Wumpus

Blue (19)
- 4 Parralax Tide
- 3 Boomerang
- 2 Overburden
- 1 Alexi, Zephyr Mage
- 3 Daze
- 4 CounterSpell
- 2 Waterfront Bouncer

Artifact (4)
- 4 Ank Of Mishra

LAND (21)
- 2 Dust Bowl
- 3 Wintermoon Mesa
- 4 Underground River
- 6 Island
- 6 Swamp

It needs some slots open to add more land... and maybe some discard. Any suggestions?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Well, thanks everyone for replying here! Seeker of Truth, could you post that deck type? Thanks! And Gamelon, black splash is a good diea, but why alexi?

C

Cateran Overlord

I'm kind of iffy on the Venoms. Odds are that you're better off destroying the land than making it painful and letting them still have access (you have no way to tap it). The Bouncers are good, but I would put in several Withdraws (target their creature and your pirates). Believe it or not, Flailing Manticore is actually (gasp) good in this kind of deck, and the flying is always useful to have. Soldier may be better for you though, so I'd suggest trying them out. The hatchlings are excellent, but counterspell may not be the best choice of countermagic (gasp!). Consider using Rethink, the U rather than UU is always much easier to pay I find, not to mention you get to say "Are you sure you don't want to rethink that?" For the same reason, I'm slightly iffy on the Tides for the UU in the casting cost, which always comes back to haunt me. Again, these may not begood ideas, but try them out.

Btw:
1/1 Guy is Rishadan Cutpurse
2/2 Guy is Rishadan Footpad

F

FoundationOfRancor

BLACK (16)
- 4 Dark Ritual
- 4 Rain of Tears
- 3 Despoil
- 2 Rhystic Tutor
- 2 Vampric Tutor
Red (16)
- 4 Stone Rain
- 4 Rhystic Lightning
- 4 Fault Riders
- 4 Flame Rift

Artifact (4)
- 4 Ank Of Mishra

LAND (24)
- 2 Dust Bowl
- 3 Wintermoon Mesa
- 4 Sulfourous Springs
- 7 Mountain
- 8 Swamp

I think this deck is really strong. I dont know about so many Rhystic lightings though. With the 4 tutors I can pretty much always get whats needed. I dont know, what do you think? Should I bring back the blue?

I

Istanbul

In a Rishadan Deck, we use Withdraw instead.
"I'll return a Rishadan to my hand. The other creature...will be another Rishadan. I don't think I'll pay the 1."
"I'll return one of your creatures, and one of my Rishadans unless I pay 1. Don't think I will."
"I'll return two of your creatures. All tapped out from stopping my Rishadans? Isn't that a shame..."

F

FoundationOfRancor

BLACK (13)
- 4 Rain of Tears
- 3 Despoil
- 2 Rhystic Tutor
- 3 Vampric Tutor
Red (15)
- 4 Stone Rain
- 4 Fault Riders
- 3 Lesser Garguatuan
- 4 Pillage
Artifact (8)
- 4 Ank o Miushra
- 4 Tangle Wire
LAND (24)
- 2 Dust Bowl
- 3 Wintermoon Mesa
- 4 Sulfourous Springs
- 7 Mountain
- 8 Swamp

F

FoundationOfRancor

BLACK (13)
- 4 Rain of Tears
- 3 Despoil
- 2 Rhystic Tutor
- 3 Vampric Tutor
Red (19)
- 4 Stone Rain
- 4 Fault Riders
- 3 Lesser Garguatuan
- 4 Pillage
- 2 EarthQuake
- 2 Cave in
Artifact (4)
- 4 Tangle Wire
LAND (24)
- 2 Dust Bowl
- 3 Wintermoon Mesa
- 4 Sulfourous Springs
- 8 Mountain
- 8 Swamp

S

Seeker of Truth

FoundationOfRancor:

Wow, you've gone to a R/B deck, and here I am about to give you a mono-blue version. Anyway, I should warn you that this deck is slightly outdated, as it has no Prophecy cards, so any Prophecy adjustments should be considered.

The deck:

4x Boomerang (bounce creatures early, lands later)
4x Hoodwink (bounce lands or pesky ench/arts)
4x Rescind (same as Boomerang, but with cycling)
4x Glowing Anemone (bounce lands, 1/3)
4x Rishadan Footpad (more landkill, 2/2)
4x Rishadan Brigand (more landkill, 3/3)
4x Temporal Adept (bounce lands or creatures)
4x Gilded Drake (steal creature threats)
4x Umbilicus (more bounce action)
2x Dust Bowl
4x Rishadan Port
18x Island

As you can see, there's tons of land bouncing going on with this deck. Early on, you can bounce quick creature threats with the Boomerangs or catch your opponent unawares with Footpads and Brigands, forcing them to sac something. Gilded Drake also comes out quickly, catching any big early threat with the ability to be bounced back later in the game.

Eventually, you'll be at a point where you'll have lots of land in play, and your opponent won't have any. You can then steal away your opponent's creatures with the Gilded Drake/Temporal Adept combo, or bounce those creatures with Umbilicus and the Adept and just run your opponent over with the various Rishadans and the Glowing Anemones.

Sure, it's not really LD, but it's an interesting twist on the LD concept. This deck is making big waves locally, and many people expect to see this deck perform very well at the next major tournament, so it does have a pretty good reputation.

F

FoundationOfRancor

4x Boomerang (bounce creatures early, lands later)
4x Hoodwink (bounce lands or pesky ench/arts)
4x Tangle Wire
4x Glowing Anemone (bounce lands, 1/3)
4x Rishadan Footpad (more landkill, 2/2)
4x Rishadan Brigand (more landkill, 3/3)
4x parralax Wave
4x waterfront Bouncer
4x Overburden
2x Dust Bowl
4x Rishadan Port
18x Island
I like the deck, but I only play MBC6.
So this I guess is the MBC6 Version. My new LD thing is after Thr Magic jackals Suggestions. He said it need more cretures and stuff. If anyone wants to play some MBC6 on app of MIE, im game ( i want to try out this new deck!)

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

FoR, what's your name on MIE? I'm still Y The Alien. Don't have any MC6 decks constructed though.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Y: Im GvsE3 there. I barely ever go on, I play mostly app. But give me a time and meeting room, and we can duel ;)

S

Seeker of Truth

FoundationOfRancor:

Well, if I ever catch you online there, it will be as DonQuixote. I get on really early in the morning (read: late at night), around 4:00-6:00am EDT. For some reason, though, my connection on MIE seems to drop an awful lot, which is a major annoyance.

Anyway, I'm still working on my own deck, so maybe I'll see you there! :)

F

FoundationOfRancor

Seeker: U can call me FoR, it takes less time to type. I'll try to be on sometime this weekend that early. I post here and tell u in advandce. Do you have any communication program? Like aol AIM?