I am Superman...or Mrophling

O

Theres a card to get in scourge.
The Creature enchantment that makes enchanted creature a morphling.
sure, theres alot of enchantment removal flying around. but if you play blue, i dont see why you wouldn't play this card.
It costs 1UU. so it has a good casting cost. not too much. With the two UU, you might want to play it in a mono blue, or a heavy blue deck.
*i cant remember how it's spelled off hand*
But as Zendahl pointed out to me, if you rearrange the letters, it spells out, "I am superman."

T

train

Probably not a bad idea - since the actual morphling is nto coming back...

just strengthens my case as to why blue stinks...

but with all the remove from game, enchantment control, and creature control it shouldn't be a problem...

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Kamahl, Pit Fighter and Pemmin's Aura mean U: 3 damage to any target, + an additional 3.

:D

M

Mikeymike

I really don't like the idea of a creature enchantment that can allow a creature to untap for a single U, and one that allows the creature to be untargetable as well I like even less. There are too many abusable things you can do with it.

However, it is a creature enchantment, and I do like when WotC prints good creature enchantments. I suppose I'm on the fence...which I'm sure no one but me cares about :D

Regarding what creatures this can enchant...

For untapping...
Demonic Hordes (boo!), Arcanis, Reveka Wizard Savant, A.Woe/Visara, 237 difference Elf-tappers, Phyrexian Colossus (there's a scary thought).

For creature boosting...
Double-strikers (turns Rockshard Elemental into a monster)

Random stuff
Riptide Mangler (powers off of a pumped critter)
Fountain Watch/Sterling Grove (makes for a true Morphling)
Celestial Dawn/Pulse of Llanower (cleans up colored mana situation)

N

Nightstalkers

put a rocket on your web browser train, that'll work

T

train

I guess I try to look at everything that has gone on since I last posted... and sometimes it's a lot...

It takes time... oh and look at that - I'm on the clock... in between calls of course...

N

Nightstalkers

The clock never stops for me! Muwahaha...

Give into battery powered hockey scates today!

P

Prosbloom225

I like the card. I think it will fit into a budget blue control deck w/o supermans.

N

Nightstalkers

whoever says that blue is without weaknesses should be shot.

Even with a great card such as this "superman," Blue still gives into the occasional goblin assault or green massive decks.

Seriously folks, just build a humongo force of 1/1's and you've got most blue decks beat. Or in my case... your just gonna have to challenge me :rolleyes:

M

Multani

Yes, I've looked at the card, but one crucial problem comes to mind.

Since Pemmin's Aura is an Enchant creature and therefore targets the creature, doesn't making the creature untargettable remove the Aura? If this is the case, its usefulness decreases dramatically.

E

EricBess

No. Once an enchantment is in place, it is no longer targetting. It only targets when it is first cast.

And the card is very abusable with Wirewood Channler. I have a deck that can easily kill on turn 4 or 5 with a half-decent opening hand.

N

Nightstalkers

I've taken strategy to mind already and shaped many a deck around the new Scourge "Bigger is Better" scheme...

Funny how you can steal a tournament away from the sure winners :D

Z

zendahl

Come on guys, it's not the size that counts.... oh wait it is the size that counts. Never mind!