Has anyone made or seen a good Wizard Deck?

B

BigBlue

I was looking to see an example...

Tim is cool, but it needs more teeth.

N

Nightstalkers

I've had a Nightstalker go against a semi-wizard deck around the Atlanta area when there was one there.

It was of the colors R/G/U and used goblin wizards, tim's, snap's, and others such confusing lagers to confuse the opponents attackers so as not to get harmed...

It just killed is all.

Z

zendahl

I can't realy find any Wizards that can kill. They for the most part just let you draw cards, send things back to it owners hand, and stack your deck. Don't get me wrong, those are all great abilitys, Lots of control, But no real kill cards. The best I can find to actualy win the game are, Mistform Ultimus (Technicly a Wizard), Glintwing Invoker (although he's real expensive), Covert Operative, Aven Fogbringer, and Aven Windreader. These are about the only real beatstick Wizards out there and none of them are cheap. Tim is also a good one to help win the game, but he's a slow kill too.

Ferret

Staff member
Creature - Wizard 2B (Tempest Rare)
You may choose not to untap Coffin Queen during your untap step.
2B, : Put target creature card from a graveyard into play under your control.
Whenever Coffin Queen becomes untapped, remove all creatures put into play with it from the game.
Whenever you lose control of Coffin Queen, remove all creatures put into play with it from the game. 1/1

This has always been one of my favourite wizards. Using her your deck becomes as powerful as your opponent's graveyard. If you're running lots of counterspells thanks to heavy blue (or, and Ertai) you should never be in short supply of people to attack with...

-Ferret

"Fun w/ reanimation attached!"

T

train

Academy Researchers
Color= Blue Type= Creature - Wizard Cost= 1UU US(U)
Text (US+errata): 2/2. ; When ~this~ comes into play, you may put an enchant creature card from your hand into play enchanting ~this~. [Oracle 1999/05/01]

Arcanis the Omnipotent
Color= Blue Type= Creature - Wizard Legend Cost= 3UUU ON(R)
Text (ON): 3/4. ; {Tap}: Draw three cards. ; {2}{U}{U}: Return ~this~ to its owner's hand.

Cephalid Constable
Color= Blue Type= Creature - Cephalid Wizard Cost= 1UU JU(R)
Text (JU): 1/1. ; Whenever ~this~ deals combat damage to a player, return up to X target permanents that player controls to their owners' hands, where X is the damage it dealt to that player.

Escape Artist
Color= Blue Type= Creature - Wizard Cost= 1U OD(C)
Text (OD): 1/1. ; ~this~ is unblockable. ; {U},Discard a card from your hand: Return ~this~ to its owner's hand.

Gempalm Sorcerer
Color= Blue Type= Creature - Wizard Cost= 2U LE(U)
Text (LE): 2/2. ; Cycling {2}{U}. ; When you cycle ~this~, all Wizards gain flying until end of turn.

Nameless One
Color= Blue Type= Creature - Wizard Avatar Cost= 3U ON(U)
Text (ON): */*. ; ~this~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of Wizards in play. ; Morph {2}{U}.

Thalakos Deceiver
Color= Blue Type= Creature - Wizard Cost= 3U SH(R)
Text (SH+errata): 1/1, Shadow. ; When ~this~ attacks and is not blocked, you may sacrifice it. If you do, gain control of target creature. (You retain control of that creature until it leaves play.) [Oracle 2000/10/24]

Tolarian Entrancer
Color= Blue Type= Creature - Wizard Cost= 1U WL(R)
Text (WL+errata): 1/1. ; Whenever ~this~ becomes blocked by a creature, gain control of that creature at end of combat. [Oracle 1999/07/01] :cool:

M

Mikeymike

I had a pretty good U/B/W one put together before Onslaught. It used some of the following:

Patron Wizard
Shadowmage Infiltrator
Meddling Mage
Mundungu
Stormscape Master
Stormscape Battlemage
Coffin Queen
Coat of Arms

And some removal like Vindicate, Dromar's Charm, and 1 Desolation Angel as a finisher.

It was pretty good, but it MP the creatures were gunned for pretty heavily to limit the Patron's effectiveness. The biggest issue was a color base, I would have never been able to play this thing if it weren't for dual lands, but you could drop the white pretty easily if need be.

K

Killerbob

Academy Researchers
Text (US+errata): 2/2. ; When ~this~ comes into play, you may put an enchant creature card from your hand into play enchanting ~this~. [Oracle 1999/05/01]

Now they can become Morphlings! :cool:

T

train

Academy Researchers

Now they can become Morphlings
-And you wouldn't have to pay for the enchantment!!!...

I listed all the wizards above, because they are all extremely useful... some are expensive while others aren't... The researchers are just cool - you play them 3rd turn and put a Zephid's embrace, or any embrace, and they become a machine...

Blue stinks!...