misery charm

Z

zendahl

Is this the best charm card yet? it either acts as a black shock against your opponent, It's cheap resurection for nasty litle things like shepard of rot, withered wretch and others, or it can be used as cheap removal for anoying little things like soul warden, and beacon of destiny. What do you all think?I think it's veryversital and well laid out. I think it's a great common.

O

I agree.
The Misery Charm is a good card.
a very good common.

T

train

It's worth the "direct damage", well... loss of life, that it brings to black. It does work better with cheap zombies, but the third ability is only an "if"...

So for 2 out of 3 to be nice effects for the person using it, it is nice...

The vitality charm is also nice though...

Regenerating a beast, getting an insect, and +1/+1 and trample...

Sometimes, the trample is all you need to win, or an extra blocker to live, and the regeneration is always a "life-saver"... i know - bad pun...

R

Rakamir

The card is very strong in Block, in my Utility Clerics deck. I use all three abilities ...
- The First to pump up a 3-critter graveyard for Oversold Cemetary; or obviously in the Mirror.
- the Second to bring back Rotlung Reanimator and/or utility Clerics when my Oversolds are on vacation near the bottom of my deck
- the Third as a finisher, or hold back 3 to finish off someone silly enough to play Form of the Dragon. :)

Lots of Options = Goodness.

Ferret

Staff member
I would say that my favourite charm would be Seedling Charm - you have to go waaay back to find that one...

It doesn't give you a free creature or +1/+1, but it lets you regenerate ANY green creature, and can get those annoying Armadillo Cloaks while you're attacking...and of course Trample is always good...

-Ferret

"I used to main-deck four in my old 'big green' deck"

T

train

The original Charms were actually quite nice...

"Mirage Block Nostalgia... not much better..."

M

mythosx

sigh....i would have to say the vision charm bar none was the best...4 cards off the top for one blue? ludicrous you can't find a better deal plus two other abilities to boot? ludicrous

T

train

I agree with the Vision charm... that and Bazaar of Wonders worked wonders...;)

C

CrazyMongrel

the best in onslaught is vitality charm...back in time i like a lot funeral charm, as the only instant the forces your opponent to discard a card

M

Mikeymike

Thanks Nightstalkers, and hopefully you laughing with me and not at me...

Nyuk nyuk nyuk

Ferret

Staff member
We were laughing with you - you just hadn't joined in yet :D

-Ferret

"nothing but love"

N

Nightstalkers

Dear Mike,

We never laugh at a fellow chum in the middle of a joke. The last time that occured, a certain number of Nightstalkers were kicked out of the Twin Towers on September 11

Loving wishes,
The Nightstalkers