Hi everyone!

D

dan_hellspawn

Hi everyone!

Joined yesterday and submitted an article on some basic trading tips.

As a little background, I first picked up Magic at the tail end of Fallen Empires. Bought a few packs at a Toys R Us in Warren, Pennsylvania in 1995. Remember the good ole days of 50 cent clearance packs!!! I still have the first rare i ever pulled too, which was an Orgg (possibly denoted U1 or something, but i know it booked for like 4.00 back then so musta been the rare.)

That summer i went on vacation with my parents to Gettysburgh, right after the release of Ice Age. I couldn't believe i was spending 8.00 for a pack of the new and rare magic set. Jesters Cap! 20.00!! It books for about 3.00 now probably but still the memories.

I played from that point up until the end of Weatherlight, mostly playing Casual Magic and now I just got back in a few weeks before Onslaughts release. Type I is my favorite, but i've been making Standard and Block decks recenlty since that is what most of the locals play.

I'll try to stick around and post on the boards. I am found elsewhere online with the same username (MOTL, The Mana Drain, etc...).

Cya around!

W

Whimsical

Welcome to the asylum, mister spawn of the nether regions! Hope you enjoy your stay here ... and remember the CPA's golden rule. Have fun! :D

T

train

Welcome... Nevermind the Nightstalkers... you'll understand what I mean as soon as they post...:p

Enjoy the CPA!...:D :cool:

N

Nightstalkers

Hey, another fan of Type I!

Pleased to see that you have some to the CPA with a fresh mind for Magic.

*Stuffs a dead animal in train's pants*

:D

Have an enjoyable time here.

T

train

*Stuffs a dead animal in train's pants*
Except for Mindy hitting on me;) - That's the most excitement I've had on the CPA...:p

Now you know what I mean Dan...;)

N

Nightstalkers

Quote from train
Now you know what I mean Dan...
Whatever do you mean? you yourself are like that from time to time...

Just setting the facts straight.

Dans hacking advise for the day: Never use the same terminal to hack a bank everytime. You'll see what I mean if you try it a few dozen times.

T

train

you yourself are like that from time to time...
I'm like that all the time!...

"You all just think I'm sane, when I want you to think I'm sane...":p

N

Nightstalkers

Yeah, and we call you crazy for nothing...

*Grabs Whimsy's bagle*

W

Whimsical

Mah sugar-raised bagel!!! That thing there was raised on grade-A hunnerd percenter sugah!!! Give it back!

*spots the navy man and waves hi* Thread hi-jacks are a rather common occurence here, mister navy man. If y'all excuse moi ... ah have a bagel to retrieve. :D

*pulls out that ole' standby the bazooka and aims in the Nightstalkers' general directions* :D

N

Nightstalkers

That trick might work for Apollo, but you gotta try something different for Us. :p ;)

*Waits for it*

W

Whimsical

Hmmm ... y'all may have a point there. This here bazooka works on ole' Apollo dearie because he's singular. Seeing as y'all plural and all...

*ponders*

Ah-hah! Ah knew ah was saving this for ah special occasion!

*pulls out a dual hamster-powered micro-missile launcher with soggy half-cooked broccoli warheads* :D

N

Nightstalkers

*Waits for it* :D

What is pretty 'ol you gonna do with that there pee shooter?

M

Mazzak

<Mazzak turns the "pee-shooter" into a "Pee-Shooter of Nightstalker Slaying +172 against Nightstalkers>

N

Nightstalkers

*Nightstalker "Borrows" Whimsy's Pee-Shooter of Nightstalker Slaying +172 and replaces it with a home plastic surgery kit.*

Wait, thats not right...