Green Deck Ideas

• Thread starter Zuran Spellcaster
  • Start date
Z

Zuran Spellcaster

I wanted to make a topic about green decks. I have an idea for a really fast deck and is really strong with fast creautres and powerful pumping spells. Here it is, tell me what you think.

GreenSpeed:
16 Forests
2 Wastelands
2 Stalking Stones

Spells:
1 Silvos, Rouge elemental
4 Lanowar Elves
4 Giant growths
4 Might of Oaks
4 Elvish archers
2 Argothian wurms
4 Rancor
2 Repopulate
4 Elvish warriors
4 Wild growth
4 Mystic Proportions

Comments are welcomed. Thanks.

:)

Killer Joe

4 Llanowar Elves
4 Rogue Elephant
4 Harvest Wurm
4 Wild Mongrel
4 Basking Rootwalla
4 Giant Growth
4 Rancor
4 Land Grant
4 Quirion Ranger
4 Spectral Bears
4 Elvish Warrior
16 Forest
1 Opponent just waitin' for a whoopin'!

Don't have much time to play?
Green Stompy is the answer.

N

Nightstalkers

ELVES!!!

Never underestimate the power of elves! elf decks have always been surprisingly like that of goblin decks of late. If you overrun your opponent with millions of elves, you know when you've made a deck that is not that good.

I myself try to play in type I tournaments and stress the fundamentals of the creature types and such. Goblins aren't elves, and elves don't go to the slaughter as well as goblins do, thats a point of fact when it comes to building a deck.

First I'll try to give people an understanding of what an elf is more intuned toward doing, then work around to building a deck for you to playtest and just basically screw around with until you make it your own.

Elves are a gentle folk that live in tree's and attack not a thing but what threatens their sacred home and the ballance that keeps elf and nature in harmony. An elf lives for thousands of years so as to uphold the ballance between earth and the creatures that live on the land. Whatever you might want to think about this, its probably the closest to what Wizards has tried to portray the odd creatures that we call elves, so I will try to show you a few combos so as not to upset the less inclined of you.

First, Natural Order. First printed in Visions, and later in Portal 1. Now you know about the rare card that give you a natural order. NO give you the ability to search your deck for any green creature and place it into play at the expense of a green creature. For (2)(G)(G) you don't have to expect a whole lot from the green engine at all. Now for practical use. what is that, grab a Silvos for a stupid 0/1 taunting elf for goodness sake!

Second, elven battery packs. You might laugh at thing as I am figuring out the combinations as these words are forming. take one Roffelos or a priest of titania to generate the mana, two wirewood lodge, and a Krosan Restorer. While running the roffelos or priest to build up the mana, you'll be using the lodge to untap the mana producers, and the restorer to restore the lodge's to their glory. While you might see that you can use all that mana to your advantage by pumping it into a burn spell, that is not the case here. You can cast an upwelling if you with, but what good will that do you? infinite mana on one turn carried over to the next where you can create infinite mana is not two infinite mana. Give into the power of the kraklin or the ivy elemental (I personally like the kraklin better) so as to have a huge creature that your opponent can kill by edict or hand of death.

Next time I'll post the decks that I have made to let you build upon thier simple design.

N

Nightstalkers

;Magic Suitcase Text File
;Deck DB
2|Elvish Piper
4|Llanowar Sentinel
2|Argothian Elder
1|Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
4|Llanowar Elves
4|Priest of Titania
4|Skyshroud Elf
4|Elvish Pioneer
4|Elvish Warrior
3|Heedless One
2|Voice of the Woods
4|Wellwisher
4|Wirewood Herald
1|Elvish Soultiller
2|Stonewood Invoker
2|Timberwatch Elf
2|Wirewood Channeler
4|Wirewood Lodge
4|Krosan Restorer
20|Forest
1|Silvos, Rogue Elemental
3|Natural Order
2|Child of Gaea
2|Kaervek's Torch

I

Istanbul

Reminds me of my Green Beats deck, Standard-legal on MTGO...not focused on making obscene amounts of mana, but rather focused on efficient green creatures with pump:

Land:
20x Forest
2x Tranquil Thicket

1-drops:
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Basking Rootwalla

2-drops:
4x Elvish Archers
4x Elvish Warrior
4x Muscle Burst

3-drops:
4x Call of the Herd
4x Nantuko Vigilante

4-drops:
2x Might of Oaks
2x Ravenous Baloth
4x Grafted Skullcap

5-drops:
2x Centaur Glade

This deck can either win with blinding speed, or push through the late game with Centaur Glade. And it's always funny to watch someone let an Elvish Archers through when he's at 9 life, then drop Might of Oaks on it and watch his face.

T

train

For all of these decks posted... don't forget "Mr. Babycakes" when he comes out...

N

Nightstalkers

Baby What!?!?!?!?!

just as well, elves should be first understood, then be made to do things against their will.

Z

Zuran Spellcaster

Thanks all for your cool ideas. Yeah, i might add the crush of wurms and roar of the wurm. But, it looks like roar of the wurm gets my vote now.:)

T

train

Zuran - since you're running so many creatures, and not much else in the deck - the best I can suggest is 2-3 creeping molds.

These are for utility purposes just in case a meekstone or ensnaring bridge hit the table... maybe even a CoP Green... just something to not allow your deck to be hosed by some tech out there...

N

Nightstalkers

and remember to get your hands on a defense of the heart if you want to really upset a goblin deck :D

Z

Zuran Spellcaster

Thanks again for your ideas guys.:D Anyways i was thinking of adding some thorn elementals to this deck. And the Might of Oaks will really power that deck up along with Silvos and Citunal Centaurs. I am thinking on adding these cards either sideboard or just to the main deck:
1 Explosive Vegetation
2 Threser Beasts
2 Nantuko Vigilante
2 IronShell Bettles

Also, Citunal Flute will play a Big role in this deck. Worldy Tutors will also work along side it. I am also adding the Yavimaya Hollow as a land to my deck, As it can regenerate target creature. What do you think about it so far?. And again i welcome all comments and suggestions. Thanks.;)