My original Static orb deck and my ORIGINAL "Neverending story" Deck

13NoVa

both decks are casual type 1 because our local card shop runs a modified swiss style with type1 NO POWER cards.

STATIC ORB (U/W)

Creatures:
4 viceling
4 meddling mage

Spells:
4 wrath of god
4 orims chant
2 turnabout
2 gerrards wisdom
4 counterspell

Artifacts:
4 Howling mine
3 static orb
1 thran foundry
2 icy manipulator
2 relic barrier
2 spellbook

Lands:
1 tolarian acadamy
1 the tabernacle at pendrell
2 mishras factory
4 adarkar wastes
7 plains
7 islands

"the neverending story" Deck

Creatures:
4 squee goblin nabob
3 nether spirit

Spells/Enchantments:
3 solitary confinement
4 zombie infestation
4 burried alive
3 peace of mind
1 vampiric tutor
2 vindicate
2 Kismet

Artifacts:
1 Null brooch
4 scalding tongs
3 cursed scroll
3 insaring bridge
2 grindstone

Lands:
3 bloodstained mire
3 mountain
6 plains
8 swamp

Ferret

Staff member
The only problem w/ Static decks is you need a solid way to kill oponents...are Mishra's Factorys allowed? They'd help. Also, a few random Angels are always a plus...

-Ferret

"Had one almost tear me to ribbons last night..."

T

train

Ferret - Glad to hear you're back on the play scene... I knew you'd tried online, but not the shops...

13NoVa - The static deck looks solid - I can think of only 2 things(these are just ideas - the deck looks good) - Recall, or Feldon's cane... just incase you need to get something back, or come up against a solid counter deck running bounce... Capsize might even be an idea...

As for the Story deck - Why the Kismets?... to slow the opponent down 1 turn?... just wondering if I'm missing something...

If I'm not missing something - with the nether Spirits, and Squees, Altar of Dementia might not be too bad - they'd go with the grindstone effect... or 2 more Vindicates...

(This just hit me - Solitary confinement, Necropotence... Coolness...):cool:

:)

T

train

I don't remember "kismet" in the Neverending story... Was that the name of someone?...

I remember the big flying dog-dragon...:cool:

13NoVa

the kismit is just to take up space, i didnt know what else to throw into it.

and the neverending story has NOTHING in common with the deck, but i liked the movie and the "neverending" part in the name fits the deck, because i get the Squee-Confinement with either..

Scalding thongs
Cursed scroll
peace of mind
Grindstone
OR
Zombie infestation

then i just keep pelting them

Z

Zuran Spellcaster

I think its a good idea that you have counterspells, otherwise with that spell book, an opponet can really mess you up with a black vise.:)