Coalition Victory

W

WickedBoy6

if everyone notices a lot of my decks, they're mostly just power cards, with little to no combo-ing, and most of them are single-shot power cards well before Onslaught, even before Masques.

T

train

I'd say Spidey can vouch that most of my stuff is utility...

But... MAybe he'll want to do some of the more interesting things with creatures now that legions brings a whole new version of "spell-morphing-creatures" to the table...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But I doubt it. I haven't seen him use any of the Onslaught morph creatures...

Again, he might consider it "too complicated". When I first introduced shadow in a game, he deemed it "complicated" and blew it from the board :)

W

WickedBoy6

I don't see shadow being that complicated. I think if it as one of two ways:

1) Flying, except they can't block ground creatures

2) creatures in a seperate game

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it is either, but he had stopped during Mirage before starting up again last year so since it was new, I guess he felt it was "complicated" :)

W

WickedBoy6

Hell, I quit RIGHT before Masques released, and I'm back after Onslaught...3 years, and I couldn't fully stay away...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I stopped right after the US expansion because of lack of people to play, but started up again last year because some others started to play again... I still bought packs here and there during that lull though :)

S

shadow_acid

my victory deck has all 5 invasion dragon legends, all 5 elder dragon legends, phantom nishoba, vampiric dragon, chrome mox, dragon arch, dual lands, last stand, and. . .

Cromat. . .MY FAV CREATURE OF ALL TIME!!!!!:D

you have no idea how many times ive pissed people off with him.
he has an ability for every situation.

NOBODY CALLS MY GIANT SEA SERPENT A CATERPILLAR!!!!!!!!

B

Bcopes

Natural Balance + Zuran orb = get all the lands.

Pattern of Rebirth + any creature that can sac itself or another creature. = Cromat/Sliver Queen/Sliver Overlord

Sample Deck

4 Tinder Wall
4 Wall of Blossoms
3 Orcish Lumberjack
4 Birds or Elves
3 Cromat

4 Natural Balance
4 Coalition Victory
4 Pattern of Rebirth
3 Harrow
3 Zuran Orb

2 Swamp
2 Island
2 Plains
7 Forests
7 Mountains
4 Taiga

Theoretically, this could happen third Turn With a god draw.

1st turn - Mountain, Lumber Jack, go.
2nd turn - Forest, Tinderwall, Sac forest, tap mountain, Natural Balance, pattern on tinderwall
3rd turn - Land, Sac wall for 2 red - get chromat, play the victory and win.

Oh yeah...the decks' gotta be stacked too.

N

NorrYtt

Zvi Mowshcowitz's 5-Color (the Prismatic 250 card kind) combo deck kills with Coalition Victory. It's just a bunch of blue counters and card drawing played free via Dream Halls, then you drop a Cromat, Sliver Queen, or Atogatog and Coalition Victory for the win.

I've won with Coalition Victory 6 times I think. I just made a typical casual 60 card Domain deck base green and blue for Rampant Growth, Harrow, Worldly Counsel, and Allied Strategies and plopped 1 Sliver Queen and 4 Burning Wish in. Every once in a while you can Burning Wish for Coalition Victory and win. Otherwise, just Burning Wish for something really useful.

D

DeathMaster666

I think Shyft is better than Cromat. You can just make it all colors.

J

Jigglypuff

Oh my god who resurrected the CV thread? I thought CV was dead. If anyone cares, I'm currently playing the caterpillar of suck in my mana-less deck.

(- Steve -)

S

shadow_acid

Obviously you have no idea of the power behind Cromat. . .I have 4 in my deck and I put Chrome Mox in there a while ago. . .Mox Diamond? Why yes it is. You clearly don't have the right mana to use him. . .like me and my dual lands, City of Brass, Birds of Paradise. But, I usually like using my 11 dragon legends anyway, since each of my friends has a favorite one to lose to.

BTW my one friend had nightmares about Cromat. . .lol

T

train

Celestial dawn is one of the great old stand-by's of mine...

amazing what a white necropotence can do....