Piss you off Land destruction!

B

Black Vise

I was playing casual with my friend and he had this annoying little wizard deck and so I built the hate you land destroyer. Its open for suggestions please do make them.

Mog fanatic-4
Dwarven driller-3
Lay Waste-4
Stone rain-4
Kindle-4
Shock-4
Incinirate-4
Lightning bolt-4 For 1.5 no extended
Winter orb-1
Static orb-1
Icy Manipulator-3
Dingus egg-3
Wake of destruction-4
Ensnering bridge-2
mana flare-1
Mishras helix-1
Mountains-13

Sideboard

Boil-4
flashfires-4
Shatter-4

B

bryson430

13 Mountains seems terribly low...

Jokulhaups can be a good reset if your opponent gets too far ahead of you.

I've never managed to get a land-destruction deck to work properly for me...black/red sinkhole/stone rain didn't do it...even tried green/black sinkhole/ice storm/icequake/rain of tears...but got killed, every time...

B

Black Vise

wow really? I took the deck to a extended tourny and almost played it but decided to use trauma deck instead and I got this kid down to 6 life on the 7th turn. I would def throw jokol in the side, but even in test play I managed to draw at least 2 land destructions, and 2 mogs a shock or 2 and even a kindle, so it can be pretty strong

B

bryson430

I'm not sure why it never worked for me...everyone else was just too fast...

I still think you need more land. I play 22 land at least in everything - even my elf deck or things with lots of artifact mana.

T

train

Your sideboard needs 2 omen of Fires and 1 Urza's rage...

Your main deck does need more land - Ghitu encampments wouldn't be bad so you have man-lands... and maybe some strip mines or wastelands...

R

Razormouse

13 is very low. I have played land kill in extended. I played 18 mountains 4 ghitu ecampments. I used

Land kill
4xpillage
4xstone rain
4x avalanche riders
direct D
4x Incinerate
4x Shock
4x Seal of fire

Creatures
3x Masticore
2x 2 headed dragons
****I forget the others :eek:

18x mountains
4 Ghitu Enccampments
It was something like that. I know the other stuff was probably fanatics or jackel pups.

Good mono black LD use Rain of tears, sink holes,ice quake, Hpnotic spectres and hymm to torak*spelling. Not sure what else was played I just remember seein those played from the guy that one this type 1.5 tourney.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It would seem the Winter/Static Orb would hurt you as much as your opponent. I would advise using some artifact mana to speed you up, like Fire Diamond or Fellwar Stone (Sol Ring would be best if it's casual).

W

WickedBoy6

Here's a roughdraft of a Type 1.5 Black/Red LandDestruction deck. It's not exactly mana-curved, and the creature list is pretty light, but edit how you see fit:

2 Despoil
2 Avalanche Riders
2 Dwarven Driller
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Pillage
2 Befoul
2 Wake of Destruction
2 Rain of Tears
4 Sinkhole
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Hypnotic Specter