Ooh! Useless Nostalgia!

Ferret

Staff member
My wife tried to support me. A couple of years ago I was selling some of my Dual Lands and my Lotus for some quick cash and decided to participate in a local shop's "Friday Night Magic" sealed deck tourneys.

The guy I sold the cards to was outside grabbing a smoke and was bragging about how he "ripped me off" and was laughing at me right in front of my wife. She got upset, came in and told me. I told her that I still feel we got the better part of the deal and though nothing of it. She was annoyed that I didn't get upset about this. Looking back, I think that some steel-toed dental work might have improved his outlook, but I as they say, hindsight is always 20/20...

...so, she went home and waited until I called her after the tourney was over - I did pretty well (final four!) but Jenn was so upset that I felt that playing in a gaming store wouldn't be any fun w/o her there cheering me on. If I ever get a little group together at my house, I might get back into the game, but for now I'm just a permanent spectator...

-Ferret

"...some things are actually more important than Magic..."

C

Chaos Turtle

Well if I had ripped... I mean, gotten a great deal from you, I would have had only nice things to say. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's too bad that goober had to ruin the experience for her.

So she wasn't interested in learning how to play herself?

Say, didn't you guys pop in a couple of years ago and plug your website? Is that still going?

T

train

Apollo - Believe it or not - she hears a lot of that from the people we both know from Magic...

- I did receive a Fed-exed surprise from her today - 2 Houston Texan vs. Buffalo Bills tickets... I'm a huge Freakin' Bledsoe fan and he'll be playing... That's the schiznit!!! We're up in the corner of Reliant Stadium, But come Oct. 13th, I won't care where I'm sitting, being there will be a blast...
- Now I understand why she said we should go to Houston that weekend so I could play in the PTQ Saturday...

What a wife!!!

Sorry about the a-hole Ferret...

D

Darsh

...it's too bad about some of the "controversial" members not being here much anymore, arguing and random insanity makes the boards go 'round.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

ahh! its Darsh Run!

*this has been a random comment, if this were an actualy comment it would've been followed by some sort of reason, thank you and back to your regularly scheduled forum*

A

Apollo

train--I bet you do. I just have a girlfriend, and she gets enough of that, so I'm sure your wife hears a ton. I couldn't resist, though. :p

Ferret

Staff member
She played it once. It was intriguing. She won, but then she wasn't interested in it - I think it's because she guy she was dating at the time kept nagging her into it. She played, won, and lost all interest in it. It's just not her thing.

She's more into researching things (that's how I became such a damned Consumber Credit Councellor!)

Out websites are currently down, but Jenn plans on doing some work on her page to help advertise her newest business venture: opening a spa to get facials.

A little part of my wants to investigate MTG Online, but I'm in no hurry to buy cards that don't exist...

I digress, it's just not her bag.

-Ferret

"...are you still playing that game? It's four in the morning!"

A

Almindhra

Originally posted by Apollo
I'd like to go back and reemphasize the active female members. :)

Doe doesn't count, of course. :p
Now why wouldn't I count?...heheh....

Sorry guys, I've been busy with...well...this online rping and slowly my time of checking the CPA everyday slowly dwindled into the occasional visit if I remember...And now with school and working things are kind of hectic, but I'm still alive at least....

A

Almindhra

Oh, I forgot to post things I remember...Well the first thing that comes to mind is fighting with Duke, but I won't say that first because that would make his day and then he would pester me in AIM and I would pity him and have to reply....

Anyways...Well Yellowjacket brought me here, so I remember when his light humour would be around...Seeing Spiderman every morning having replied to every thread...The political crap...Definately the CPA Notables, so glad to see you guys are still interested in it...All the jerks that I've tolerated over AIM from here, blessing them with my sexy font and backround color...And to the people I've actually met from here irl; Apollo, Arhar and Duster...Love meeting people, I like to actually see their reactions when I scare them....

And most of all I remember that I am still the b*tch of the CPA whether I am here continually b*tching at someone or whether I lurk in spirit....

T

train

Look!!!! Oh my gaud!!! Look, Look, Look!!!
Hurry, and Look dammit!!!

It's an Active Female Member!!!!

Don't scare her away... slowly try to get closer so we can get a look at her posts... umm, I mean post.

Dammit, ya'll scared her away!!! Now I'll have to wait another 500 posts to see another one!!!

Go Play in the street or something!:mad:

D

Darsh

Well since you metioned aim Doe I might just have to be a jerk and annoy you next time you're online. ;)

Ferret

Staff member
Well, hello again. Nice to see that you are still here, but it looks like I'm not the only one that had annoying things in the real world distracting them from the game that they love...

-Ferret

"...now, what was I saying?"