New Deck: 5 Color Red

S

sabshire

Here is another deck that I find to be effective, though I am sure some tweaking could be in order. I have been playing it ever since 5 color green came about, and have tweaked and tuned from time to time.

The deck is chock-full of combinations. Very versatile, and fun to play.

I don't know of anyone else who has created a 5 color RED deck, so is this an original idea???

Well, without any more delay, here is the deck...

1 Thunderbolt
1 Rejuvenate
1 Regrowth
3 Kindle
3 Skyshroud Elf
4 Incinerate
1 Mother Of Runes
3 Lightning Bolt
1 Blood Lust
1 Opportunist
1 Nevinyrral's Disk
3 Lightning Blast
1 Rolling Thunder
1 Creeping Mold
1 Ukatabi Orangutan
1 Meekstone
4 Mana Leak
1 Simulacrum
1 Granger Guildmage
2 Fireslinger
2 Heavy Ballista
3 Mogg Fanatic
1 Rootwater Hunter
4 City of Brass
1 Tundra
1 Scrubland
2 Gemstone Mine
1 Scabland
2 Mogg Hollows
1 Reflecting Pool
3 Mountains
3 Forest
1 Vec Township

Stace

S

sabshire

Sorry about this, but here is the most recent version. I was not paying attention when I posted this...

Feedback?? Comments???

1 Thunderbolt
1 Natural Spring
1 Reclaim
3 Kindle
3 Skyshroud Elf
4 Incinerate
3 Lightning Bolt
1 Mother Of Runes
1 Blood Lust
1 Opportunist
1 Disenchant
3 Lightning Blast
1 Rolling Thunder
1 Ukatabi Orangutan
1 Meekstone
4 Mana Leak
1 Simulacrum
1 Granger Guildmage
2 Fireslinger
2 Heavy Ballista
1 Witch Hunter
3 Mogg Fanatic
1 Rootwater Hunter
4 City of Brass
1 Tundra
1 Scrubland
2 Gemstone Mine
1 Scabland
2 Mogg Hollows
1 Reflecting Pool
3 Mountains
2 Forest
1 Treetop Village
1 Vec Township
~

Killer Joe

Looks great! I personally would be a liitle more consistant in the number of cards like 4 of any one spell but variety is the spice of life. I once read in an issue of Sideboard magazine way back in the late spring of '98 a 5CR deck that had Jackal Pups, goblins and other color utility spells. Keep up the research!

S

sabshire

Oh well, I guess I didn't come up with anything new, but at least at came up with it on my own. I have had many revisions of this deck, and the early renditions did have four of more items, but I am not one to go with that philosophy. I would rather have more variety. Too many tourny decks are 4 this, that and the other, and it is so boring and predictable. If I have less than 4, maybe my opponent might try to call my bluff thinking, "hey, he doesn't seem to get that disenchant all that much, so I'll play this..", and then the next turn, I go plains, colorless, disenchant, or something similar. Plus it makes the deck more fun to play. If every game, I get the same thing, then it is not so much fun to play. True, it may not be that consistent, but it does allow for more variety. Plus, most evrything in the deck works well on its own, or with anything else, so that is a lot of synergy and consistency in and of itself. I have not got a lot of masques or nemesis.. actually, I have two cards from the two sets combined (2 soothing balm), so I have not explored the possibilites of thise colors adding even more spice to the deck. Ideas to look at in those sets???