Hello

K

Korsantar

Hmm.. after trying for 10 minutes to come up with an interesting way to say hi in the subject, I gave up. :)

Anyhow, I've been visiting this board for awhile now and decided to register. (And maybe save some time in the future when I need to ask some stupid question ;) )

I've been playing magic for about oh... 4-5 months now and I've collected around 800-1000 cards from Invasion, Odessey, and 7th ed, not very impressive, but I can make a couple decks to play any time and have fun with.

There arent many people around here that I know that play magic, so it makes it kinda hard to get any better at it or ask about rules and stuff, so please forgive me if I dont know some of the most basic stuff. (btw, what is type I and II? I see that come up alot on the board)

lately I've been resorting to making my decks worse to make it more entertaining/challenging, like a Black/Blue deck with really weak creatues that uses megrim (2 dmg when opponent discards) and tons of discard spells along with a couple cephalid brokers. they think they've got me then I drop a couple fugue's, a mind rot and a hypnotic cloud on em :D (bad? yes. funny? heh, yup) suprisingly no one has beaten me using that yet... then again, none of my friends have ever beaten me except on a goobered draw (no lands for ten turns or so :( ) did I mention my friends werent very good? (I get more of a challenge from my little bro at 7 y.o. , seriously, but its alot better than having no one to play)

Ok, enough of me babbling, I think ill go read the board some more. Nice to meetcha in advance :)

Oh yeah, and does anyone here know of some place in central NC (if anybody lives anywhere near there...) where ppl get together and play magic regularly or at least a place where I can find a good variety of cards?(or a way I could find one?) I dont really like having to just get whatever the little shop at the mall has for sale at the moment.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Welcome!

Hmm, I seem to be out of room keys, so you'll just have to stand in the space between the bathroom and........the other bathroom. Sorry.

Anyway, for your deck, I suggest a few Recoils and some Cephalid Colloseums(DAMMIT! I always spell that wrong!). If you want some more fun, put some Plagarizes in there with a Teferi's Puzzle Box(That combo should have a better deck than what being offered right now).

Ransac, cpa trash man

K

Korsantar

hey cool, I actually have a couple recoils and one cephalid coliseum, I love recoils, once they have no cards in their hand and they realize they have to discard the one thing I just gave em back :D. But wouldnt it be better to put somthing like another cephalid broker in instead of the coliseum? (I never seem to get threshold, which means id be stuck with a painland that I cant use for most of the game)
made me kinda mad when I got it, It was the foil card in my pack and I didnt see a use in it. I think I'm gonna write up my whole discard deck in the deck variant thing later

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Not getting to threshold?

If you don't have Opt or Sleight of Hand in your deck, include 4, or whatever you have, of each.

How big is your deck?

Ransac, cpa trash man

K

Korsantar

Ive got a couple opts and a slieght of hand, I also have a few compulsions. my deck has 60 cards, I just posted the whole thing in the casual decks board. what do you think I should take out to put in the opts, slieght, compulsion, think tanks or whatever other cards I have?

G

Gerode

Welcome to the CPA!

And Megrim isn't a weak card if you have the discard to back it up.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome!

And about your question about Type 1 and II, in a nutshell, Type 1 is a tournament format where you can use 4 copies of all of your cards, from any set, with the exception of those on the Banned/Restricted List. Type II (or Standard) is a tournament format where your cards are limited to the most recent sets. See here for a more detailed explanation.

M

MrXarvox

It's old. Throw it out, or eat it yourself. I mean it, Dorcas! Well, I'm certainly not eating it.

...welcome.