Why cant those oldeys come back?

N

Nightstalkers

Remember those old Fallen Empires cards that were just Homarid or Thallid. Why can't you guys make things like that??? I'll start.

(B) Nighstalker
When Nightstalker comes into play, put a Death counter on it. During your upkeep, put a death counter on Nightstalker.
(0): Remove three death counters from Nightstalker to put a Nightstalker Token in play. Treat this card as a copy of this card.
(3): Sacrifice a Nightstalker in play to destroy any one creature.(Doesn't say target creature!!!)

J

Jigglypuff

I'll try one! WARNING: This post is meant to be nitpicky in a very funny manner.

Rules Fixer-Upper
W
5/9
As ~this~ comes into play, put two Fix-It counters on it.
When there are no Fix-It counters on ~this~, end the current post.

W, Remove a Fix-It counter from ~this~: Target Nightstalker loses "(0): Remove three death counters from Nightstalker to put a Nightstalker Token in play. Treat this card as a copy of this card." and gains "Remove three death counters from Nightstalker: Put a black Nightstalker token into play as a copy of Nightstalker."

W, Remove a Fix-It counter from ~this~: Target Nightstalker loses "(3): Sacrifice a Nightstalker in play to destroy any one creature.(Doesn't say target creature!!!)" and gains "(3), Sacrifice a Nightstalker: Destroy target creature." Chastise your opponent for trying to make such a cheesy card.

(- Steve -)

L

laxweasel

Ahhh...I wish some oldies would come back too. We need to bring back the great cards from Legends.
However, we do not need to bring back Serra Angel!
#$@% idiots devaluing my cards:mad: !

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

They only brought back Serra Angel to sell cards and not because they were interested in a good set.... that annoys me.

Hopefully she and her cronies will leave 8th.

I

Istanbul

Oh, and because lots of people wanted her back.
So WotC gave the customers what they wanted.
How stupid is...

...oh, wait, it's not.

How about this?

Nightstalker (2B)
Creature - Nightstalker
During your upkeep, you may put a Death counter on Nightstalker.
0, remove three Death tokens from Nightstalker: Put a 1/1 Twin token into play. Treat all Twin tokens as an exact copy of Nightstalker. If Nightstalker leaves play, remove all Twin tokens you control from the game.
0, remove three Death tokens from Nightstalker: Destroy target nonblack creature. It can't be regenerated.
1B: Regenerates.
1/1

This balances the card by removing the ability to destroy black creatures (out of flavor) and dealing with the tokens created trying to figure out what they are if Nightstalker dies (and thus loses all abilities). It also grants it regeneration as compensation, an ability more in flavor for black.

N

Nightstalkers

Hasn't it been a little traumatizing with all of those Shrines and other things that have cropped up in odyssey-Judgment. think about it! we have bought/stolen packs of cards and all we get is Squirrel Mob's!!! its the squerrel curse!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

You're right, it's much better to reprint five or so old cards that people liked than to worry about actually making a good set.
They did that specifically to sell cards. Now, some would say there's nothing wrong with that. I would respond that it would be more healthy for Magic if they spent the time that was spent deciding how to market the return of Serra et al. thinking about the card set more. Obviously they still did think about the set a lot -- but did reprinting those cards (and then marketing it) seriously make for a better game?

Oh well, to do something actually in the vein of this original thread...

Kavu
3G
Creature - Kavu
3/3
Kavu sucks.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Isn't that what brings all kavu together? They basically all suck.

J

Jigglypuff

Well, the Kavu don't suck now!

Kavu Don't Suck Now
G
Creature - Kavu Legend
8/10
Kavu Don't Suck Now cannot be countered by spells or abilities.
When Kavu Don't Suck Now comes into play, put 9 +2/+2 counters on all Kavu. All Kavu gain flying, trample, first strike, protection from all colors, protection from artifacts, haste, and rampage 12.

That should shut up all of you Kavu nay-sayers.

(- Steve -)

M

Mikeymike

Man, Kavu Don't Suck Now sucks, who plays with Legends? The audacity.

Killer Kobold
R
0/2
Haste, Trample, First Strike.
If at any time Killer Kobold's power goes above 1 sacrifice Killer Kobold, take 5 damage, and sacrifice 2 lands.

J

Jigglypuff

Here's something even better than KDSN:

Kavu Really Don't Suck Now
G
Creature - Kavu
8/9
Kavu Really Don't Suck Now cannot be countered by spells or abilities.
When Kavu Really Don't Suck Now comes into play, put a -3/-3 counter on all non-Kavu creatures. All non-Kavu creatures lose all abilities.
GG: Search your library for a card named "Kavu Don't Suck Now" and put it into play. Gain 12 life.

(- Steve -)

Oh, and just because I can, here's my picture, for the first time ever revealed in public:

Attachments

M

Mikeymike

Kavu Don't Suck Now doesn't suck anymore, but only scrubs play green. He should be blue, or an artifact, or a land, or an Aries.

Jigglypuff, you've got the purtyest blue eyes I ever done seen.

J

Jigglypuff

Okay, here are the ultimate Kavu cards:

The Other Kavu Lair
Land
Tap: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
All Kavu gain +2/+2, flying, first strike, protection from all colors, protection from artifacts, and "1: Draw a card.".

Rainbow Kavu of Certain Destruction.
WUBRG
Creature - Kavu
100/100
Rainbow Kavu of Certain Destruction cannot be the target of spells or abilities.
If RKOCD would leave play, it stays in play instead.
W: Remove all attacking creatures from the game.
U: Counter target spell.
B: All opponents discard their hands.
R: RKOCD deals damage equal to its power to all non-Kavus.
G: All Kavu you control get +55/+55 until the end of the turn.

There!

(- Steve -)

And Mikeymike: Thanks for the compliment.

N

Nightstalkers

ok now. this whole thing with new "old" set would be called: the Fossil set!

try to think of alpha and beta sets when they make it, k?

and puff. could you perhaps show me how to do that little picture trick?

N

Nightstalkers

that piece of ****************************** *** *8*8***
they have the gabronia's to say that we owe WotC $9.99 for just installing Magic: Online!!!

we don't even have an account for those idiots and their still charging us!

I'm filing a complante using a slew of my virus's until someone says that they are taking those charges off my card!