Ashnod's Altar

T

TylersOnFire

k i just recently got 3 altars...it really seems like there has to be some great combos for large amounts of mana...anyone want to help out here?

E

Elrond

My favorite altar combo is Sliver Queen and Heartstone.

T

TylersOnFire

wow thats really cool :eek: um so is stuff like this banned or something...? just curious?

E

Elrond

As far as I know it's not banned in any format where those cards are legal, although if you play casually the group you play with might have something to say about it, although it is fragile enough to not work every single time you get everything on the board.

G

Gerode

I have been the object of much hatred after I pulled off an Altar - Saproling Cluster - Fecundity kill combo in a multiplayer game. (mill through your deck and build mana with the combo, find and use Squallmonger and Urza's Armor as the kill)

L

Loafing Giant

Use Foster and The Alter with a Blessing or two in your library and then get a buttload of mana built up with a fireball in hand.

How's that

K

Killerbob

with enduring renewal and cheap artifact creatures (like shield sphere) you can make infinite mana.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Infinite mana combos are just about all the Altar is considered good for now.

N

Nightstalkers

We're Coming Back!
We would use a Sliver Queen to generate alotta sliver tokens, then kill'em off with the altar to produce enough mana for a fireball or blaze.:D :confused: