How Fast Can You Lose?

D

Duel

Alright, I've developed a deck that, if played properly, can kill itself on turn 2. Can anyone beat that? Anyone? I want to see how fast decks out there that you guys design can kill themselves.

L

Lotus Mox

I always liked the turn one kill in MBC:

Swamp, Dark Ritual, Deepwood Ghoul, regenerate 10 times :D

D

Dune Echo

Mischievous Poltergeist, 2B, Summon Ghost 1/1, Weatherlight Uncommon, Illus. DiTerlizzi
Flying Pay 1 life: Regenerate Mischievous Poltergeist.
“The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists until the moment you don’t.” —Gerrard of the Weatherlight
You can regenerate this guy 20 times! Is it just me, or is this guy a slightly bad (because of casting cost) version of Will-o'-the-Wisp?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Is it Type II?

And how consistent is it?

I doubt people will let you run
20 Swamp
20 Dark Ritual
20 Deepwood Ghoul/Mischievous Poltergeist
--you'll "die" before the game starts.

I'll have to think about this idea.
The member Ogg from a while back had a favorite deck designed to give opponents infinite life with Skyshroud Cutter. I'm not sure how related that is, but at least it's something.

D

Duel

I played type 1. The deck I played used only extended cards, but it was could have been type 1. The deck had a few methods, but the reason it stood out in MY mind is that, with NO man acceleration, it decked itself on turn 2.....

Let's just see the decks pop up... I'm interested to know what you plan....

As a side note, the deck I'm referring to was originally designd by Ogg (who is an incredibly fun guy to go to school with), but I've tried to tune it...

I

Istanbul

Hmmm. Demonic Consultation for a card that isn't in your deck on turn 1. On turn 2, you lose.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Type 1 with no mana acceleration? So just one land each turn?

I'm so unimaginative, all I can think of is Channel... but it's not decking itself. Can't be Grindstone... Some type of Gaea's Blessing engine but using Planar Void so it stops cards from going to the graveyard to be reshuffled?

L

Loafing Giant

1st turn: swamp

2nd turn plains,tap swamp and plains, cast two dark ritals,thn nefarious lich and then disenchant it

3rd turn: there is none because you just lost with one of Magic's stupidest combos....hehehe!!!!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Loafing Giant: It's not Type II. Dark Ritual is no longer in Type II.

Ransac, cpa trash man

P.S. 1600th post!

D

Duel

*grins* Hmmm... give you a hint. It's a two-card combo, to do it on turn 2, not counting the two land played.

S

suicide_slushy

turn 1
swamp, dark ritual, necro for 20

or turn 1
forest, lotus petal, channel for 10 or more

D

Duel

Good.... now try to deck yourself on turn 2, without mana acceleration.

L

Loafing Giant

Turn one: Crystal vein, tap and sac,Fluctuator,
then you crazily start to mill yourself then run into a problem and your hand is full of non-cyclable cards

Turn two: you mill you way to a wonderful vic...erm..loss.

Did I get it??????

D

Duel

No, though that would work if you had only two fluctuators and two crystal veins as the only non-cycling cards in the deck....

L

Loafing Giant

because you can have up to seven cards in your hand at any one time and if you have seven no-cyclable cards then you bite the dust for a turn

D

Duel

Right. That's why you couldn't have more....

Come on... I'll give you a hint.

It's blue.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Did Ogg hate himself? ;)

What's the combo though... Maybe something involving a delayed card draw... Too bad Paradigm Shift is a sorcery...
NO mana acceleration you say...

You could Show and Tell out an Aluren, then bounce Cavern Harpy infinitely...