Do You Game?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
R

Rando

Do you participate in other "gamer's games" such as CCG's other then Magic, miniature wargames, or role-playing games?

B

BigBlue

Play Computer RPG's, MtG, MtGO (in beta anyways), D&D at times. And would including Fantasy/Sci-Fi Movie & Book Reviews be a bad idea? We do those things anyways already, giving them their own "area" wouldn't be bad.

Don't we do all these things casually?

H

Hetemti

I've never really liked "gamer" games, be them sci-fi or fantacy at all.

I'm a card player, and I'm just as home with two black jacks and the ace of clubs as I am with two Lightning Bolts and a Ball Lightning. I play Magic because it is a strategic card game, and it was easier for me to find Magic players than Euchre players.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't sure what "gamer's games" meant; I took it to mean party/board games and other card games like Hearts and Spades and stuff, not just other CCGs.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, your average one who just dabbles in Bridge. But for those who might play Bridge, Spades, Beyond Balderdash, Pictionary, Tribond, Rummicube, Yahtzee... that person is probably a gamer.

D

Duel

I play Bridge, every variety of poker known to man, and a multitude of RPGs... no other CCG's, though. Too expensive to have more than one of those anyways...

R

rkoelsch

I answered no before I read down. I used to Role play and had several board games. I love Steve Jackson Games most are pretty good. Anyone here hear of Flying Buffalo? Played there play by mail games. Now I play magic occasionally, euchre occasionally, some couples games with some friends.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Mostly I play PS2 and PSX games other than Magic, some of which are roleplaying games (FF series), and some of which are not but are certainly not casual gamer fare (my recent pet Rez, for example).
So I guess my answer would be yes.

BTW, it's surprising how fast this many people responded to any one thread recently...

G

Gizmo

I play PS2 - mainly Smackdown3 as I spend almost all day every day making CAWs (I dont have time for making decks, Im making CAWs).

I would love to roleplay WoD stuff but I dont have a group. I wouldnt roleplay D&D for a million pounds because its an awul system.

I played Games Workshop since around 1984 (I remember awaiting the release of 1st Edition Warhammer40k and my first ever pack of 'space womble' Space Marines. I packed it in when I got hooked on Magic as 60 cards is easier to carry around than 3000 pts of Skaven (but Im trying to get hold of a copy of Advanced Heroquest and we still have Blood Bowl). I also succumbed to buying a squad of Tau, but I doubt I`ll do more than paint then sell them.

B

BigBlue

Gizmo, Ever play Talisman? That was a blast. But I don't own a copy and it is a bugger to find here.

Have you seen D&D 3rd edition? They cleaned it up quite a bit. I like the system, just have problems getting a good group together, I took a break for a while since we've been the same group since High School (20 years of gaming w/ the same archetypes finally got old ;) )

T

theorgg

I'm a Magic player to the core, but I have evolved into a big gamer, as well, in the past couple of years.

I've tried many different CCGs, but I only really liked Magic, Netrunner, Doomtown, and XXXenophile. I've recently tried to start collecting Illuminanti: New World Order, as the cards seem funny and it has a boxed set coming out that should work better to my tastes.

I'm also a BIG Cheapass Games fan(www.cheapass.com), and have become a Demo Monkey for them as well. Again, time has only allowed me to do about three demos, but I enjoy all of their games quite a bit. This type of game is what I feel a Gamer's Game is like.

Traditional board games also have been a big part of my life, but I never really realized that until recently. I just remember loving to play Darkworld and it's ilk with my friends before I became a Magic player, and I have the feeling that it will continue to blossom.

I've also Larped a few times at solarinc(www.solarinc.org) around in Rutlege, GA, which is the closest I've really done to role-playing besides trying to start up a starter D&D 3rd Ed campaign when that set came out for it... It failed.

I

Istanbul

Gizmo, have you looked at 3rd Edition D&D? It's SO much better...

Anyway, I play D&D (and have played almost EVERY ROLE-PLAYING GAME EVER MADE at one point or another), video game systems (again, almost every one ever made), board games (when afforded the opportunity), and much, much more. I'm a gamer's gamer.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Having quasi-played Basic/Expert/Companion/Master D&D and a bit of 1st ed, more of 2nd, and a bit of 3rd, the last is definitely a refinement of the previous editions. It goes deeper and basing everything on d20 is a good idea.

I've got the edition of Blood Bowl before the current one; much fun in college. We actually managed to get 6 people together to form a league. :)

theorgg: I've got some Illuminati cards lying around. I can trade/send them to ya if you want - they're not doing me any good.

T

TheGuyFromTheOtherPost

I don't play Magic.

I have an XBox though, and with it comes plenty of joy.

I

Istanbul

I only wish that were true for me, TGFTOP.

I have (and love) my X-Box, don't get me wrong...but then I look at the three games I own for it, one of which is absolute BUTT (hint: its initials are Mad Dash). Then I look at the other titles out for it and sigh. Then I look wistfully at the GameCube and seeeeeriously wonder if I made the right choice. Then I just keep telling myself, "It's gonna get better, it's gonna get better...easy, put down the sword, not time for seppuku just yet..."

A

Apollo

I play my PS2, as well as the MLB Showdown and NFL Showdown card games. I also like other party games, you know, Uno, Pictionary, Balderdash, the kind of stuff Spidey mentioned above.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If I ever go to Ohio (I think there's an amusement park there I wanted to always go to), I'll try to look ya up ;)

O

osmwt

I'm a gamer for life. I've played numerous RPG's, had a console system since the original Nintendo thingy, have logged enough Civilization hours to call it a carreer, play traditional card/board games regularly and Magic almost everyday. I really enjoy new gaming experiences - all I need is an opponent and a basic understanding of the rules and I'm in!
As convoluted as previous versions of the DnD rulebooks were, they spawned an industry and a lifelong hobby for me. I consider the core books ( phb mm dmg ) must-haves for myself and any serious 'gamer'. My biggest problem is finding people with a similar level of dedication, willing to put
forth the effort required to make the experience worthwhile. I'm reasonably certain that there are others like me?!

A

Apollo

That'd probably be Cedar Point. I'm about 45 minutes away. I'll be waiting for ya.;)